If signed into law, the Build Back Better Act would set the United States on a path to a 50-52% reduction in carbon pollution by 2030. That’s the same goal scientists say is necessary to prevent the worst impacts of climate change.
Here what’s included in this historic legislation that will put the U.S. on the path to cutting our climate pollution in half by 2030, invest directly in communities of color too often left behind, and create good-paying jobs.
- Electric Vehicles: Includes tax credits for consumers who purchase EVs of up to $12,500 per vehicle. These incentives would have a critical impact on climate and air pollution by inducing rapid market transformation, and improve air quality in high traffic areas.
- Electric Vehicle Charging: Builds a 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations in communities nationwide. Along with a clean grid, rapid electrification of passenger vehicles and medium- and heavy-duty trucks would prevent 150,000 pollution-related deaths and save consumers $2.7 trillion by 2050.
- Home Energy Efficiency: Enables working & middle-class families to save up to $8,000 while weatherizing their homes to reduce utility bills and pollution.
- Lower Energy Bills: Helps the average family save about $500 each year in utility bills.
- Clean Air: Converts more than 60,000 diesel school buses to clean electric buses so schoolchildren can breathe clean air, and convert 70% of U.S.P.S. mail trucks to electric vehicles to reduce air and climate pollution in your neighborhood
- Clean Water: Helps replace over 5 million lead service lines to deliver clean water to neighborhoods nationwide
- Job Training: BBB Act training programs will prepare Arizona’s workers for high-quality jobs in fast-growing sectors like public health, childcare, manufacturing, IT, and clean energy. Nineteen Arizona community colleges will have the opportunity to benefit from grants to develop and deliver innovative training programs and expand proven ones.