The Arizona Asthma Coalition is interested in adding a member to our board who has skill and experience in public policy and advocacy. As part of our effort to improve the health and quality of life for all asthmatics in Arizona, this new board member’s portfolio will include:
- Networking and building relationships with coalitions and partners
- Informing the Board and stakeholders about emerging public policies that would have an impact on people with asthma
- Advocating for public policies which support clean air, access to healthcare and best practices for preventing and treating asthma
The successful candidate will bring a strong public health policy perspective to our board. It currently includes physicians, nurse practitioners, a school nurse manager, respiratory therapists, asthma educators, program administrators and academic faculty in pharmacy and public health.
Relevant types of experience may include:
- Participation in local and/or statewide public health coalitions and partnerships
- Analyzing and summarizing public policy issues in writing
- Sharing information about policies with a statewide audience
- Tracking proposed legislation and sharing its relevance with stakeholders
- Representing your organization’s policy positions in presentations, media or testimony
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to Lisa Rascon at email@example.com.