The Arizona State Legislature will convene on Monday, January 9, 2023. Many legislators will hit the ground running with bills that they already have in the hopper. That means we need to be ready to fight for good bills, fight against bad bills, and be prepared to advocate for adjustments for bills somewhere in the middle right out of the box.
You can prepare your advocacy chops before the legislative session starts by listening to the Arizona Common Ground podcast, an eight-episode educational podcast series that gives a behind the scenes glimpse of the state legislative system and learn how bills can become laws. The Consumable Podcast Series is Available as:
Krista Romero-Cardenas, MPH, a former senior instructional specialist for the Western Region Public Health Training Center and alumna of the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health is the creator and host of the Arizona Common Ground podcast – an eight-episode educational podcast series that will take you through the process of how bills are passed in Arizona.
This is a must-listen to podcast for anybody interested in learning how the Arizona State Legislature makes the sausage!
ARIZONA COMMON GROUND
By AzPHA Member Krista R. Cardenas, MPH
- EP. 1: Introduction: A Telemedicine Case Study
- EP. 2: Session Begins, Who’s Who?
- EP. 3: A Behind the Scenes Look at the Testimonial Phase
- EP. 4: Testimonials from A Public Health Perspective: Get Involved!
- EP. 5: Caucus, Healthcare and History
- EP 6: Amendments, Committees and Zombie Bills
- EP. 7: Talking Budget
- EP. 8: No Sleep Till Signe Die
- BONUS: Interviewing the Interviewer: Why Arizona Common Ground?
- BONUS: Podcast Trailer for Arizona Common Ground