LOCATION: MARICOPA ASSOCIATIONS OF GOVERNMENTS SAGUARO ROOM, SECOND FLOOR, 302 N 1ST AVE #300, PHOENIX, AZ 85003
Age Friendly Arizona and Northern Arizona Council of Governments were selected to host a free statewide technology summit with the National Center for Applied Transit Technology (N-CATT). This summit aims to help healthcare and transportation providers in Arizona identify and support technology projects to improve access to healthcare.
In this first event, transportation and healthcare providers from across Arizona were presented with case studies from around the nation on how these two sectors worked together to improve healthcare access. The Arizona group then held a wide-ranging conversation about healthcare access in Arizona, the challenges faced by both transportation and healthcare providers, and current initiatives to address these challenges.
Throughout these conversations, two general themes were identified as building blocks for additional summit events.
There is a need for enhanced collaboration across multiple sectors across the state:
- There are opportunities to combine and/or align many statewide efforts that can improve patient care and improve efficiencies for transportation providers.
- Through ongoing coordination, there is a great opportunity to build meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships between healthcare and transportation providers.
There is a great opportunity to pilot projects at the local or regional level and demonstrate replicable success at statewide level:
- By making strategic connections, we can align statewide initiatives with local resources.
- There appears to be interest from diverse funders to support pilots and expansion projects to improve AZ’s healthcare access.
To build off of these themes we are inviting you to attend an in-person workshop on May 9 to dive deeper into the areas below (lunch and free parking will be provided):
- Development of Healthcare and Transportation Statewide Taskforce.
- Build upon efforts to establish Telemedicine Hubs supported by Healthcare Navigators.
- Explore opportunities to better link Healthcare and Transportation communication platforms.
- Identify additional new areas where technology can support healthcare access.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE TO JOIN US IN EXPLORING THESE AREAS ON MAY 9, 2023.